MALIA'S BLOG

Welcome to Malia's family blog!!! Get the latest update on what our family has been up to and how the Lord is transforming us to his likeness, line upon line, precept upon precept.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

St. John's Church


I went to a church in Washington DC it was called St. Johns. It was organized in 1815 for the occupants of the white house. Presidents from James Madison to George Bush have attended the church. Pew 54 is known as the "presidents pew". Architect Benjamin Henry Latrobe designed the church and also restored the white house after the war in 1812. They had a very nice church they also had a very enjoyable lunch after church. I also thought that it was interesting how they baptized the babies. Because every baptism I have seen they put the whole person in the water. But here they only put a cloth on their head.

Posted by Kamu age 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home